Surf Life Saving Australia
Australia’s first volunteer Surf Life Saving clubs emerged in 1907 on Sydney’s ocean beaches. Surf-bathing had been rapidly increasing in popularity in the early 20th Century and in turn by-laws which had previously prevented bathing in daylight hours since the 1830s were gradually removed between 1902 and 1905, to reflect changing public attitudes.
These changes had a dramatic impact on local beach culture as the number of beachgoers entering the surf suddenly increased. As many bathers couldn’t swim the number of drownings and attempted rescues also suddenly increased.
On October 18, 1907, representatives from Sydney Surf Life Saving Clubs, together with members of other interested groups, met to form the Surf Bathing Association of New South Wales, the organisation which is now known as Surf Life Saving Australia.
- Shock resistant (G-SHOCK)
- Electro-luminescent backlight Auto light switch, afterglow
- World time
29 time zones (48 cities), daylight saving on/off
- Back engraving
- Tentative Gift With Purchase
- Tentative Deluxe Packaging
- TIDE GRAPH / MOON PHASE GRAPH
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date, moon phase graph)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99''
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times Other: 5-second countdown auto star.
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Others: Auto-repeat, progress beeper
- Multi-function alarms
- 3 independent multi-function alarms (2 one-time alarms and 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signa
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Flash alert Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time signal, countdown timer progress beeper, and stopwatch auto start
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 7 years on CR2025
- Size of case / total weight - GLX5600SLS.. 46.7 | 43.2 | 12.7 mm / 52 g